Saturday, January 24, 2009

ShutterBug:Project365


This is my self portrait, using the Weeds & Wildflowers Project 365 digital kit. This quickpage, minus the bubbles, is really simple. I might use something like this for the cover page of a book at the end of the year. Today, I'm getting a monthly layout together "Jan 2009."
I'm taking an online class, beginning in Feb. called Library of Memories (www.bigpicturescrapbooking.com). It's a challenge to stay organized in the hobby department, but I am being super diligent sorting , storing photos. I guess you could call it my NewYear's resolution.
I got the bad news that my Tameron lense for my digital Cannon rebel is dead. Kyra dropped it and I'm offically looking for a new lense; in the meantime, I'm back up and running in the photo 365 project, with my Mom's camera (In photo).
I'm trying to take everyday photos, not just the special or event-type photos. This library of Memories class categories are "All About Us" "People We Love" "Places We Go" and "Things We Do" so I'm trying to get a balance of photos this year of everyone in the family. I just sent off a huge print order (embarrasingly, I haven't printed any 12x12 inch layouts since June).
Happy picture taking, all of my CDS friends! It's SOOO much fun to see everyone's blogs, and follow the photos of family life!

3 comments:

  1. SO sorry to hear about your lens, Kay!! LL dropped my camera a couple of months ago (it's only a point and shoot, but still wasn't cheap!) and now the lens cover doesn't close at ALL. I suppose it could be worse - it could be stuck in the closed position instead - so at least it's still usable... but I've had to rethink my natural tendency to just hand over the camera when they beg for a turn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great page! Love this shot of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just FYI, the Weeds and Wildflowers 365 kit has some blank buttons, the colors of the kit...but I just got the 12x12 layout back from the printer. The buttons are CLEAR at 2 inches round, however, at 3 inches round the edges begin to get rough. It's a GREAT kit, just watch your size on these buttons...you won't want your print to look jaggedy...

    ReplyDelete